For many women, becoming pregnant is not a joyful occasion. They may feel pressured, confused, or just in need of someone to answer their questions. Our goal is to provide such women with information and support.
Our counselors are trained to LISTEN and to assist each person according to their individual needs. If you are looking for someone who will LISTEN to you, we are here and ready to help. All information received is CONFIDENTIAL.
Whether you think you are pregnant, have recently become pregnant, or are struggling with thoughts of a previous abortion, we offer confidential counseling and program referrals that can help you.
All our counselors, hotliners, and receptionists are unpaid volunteers. The expenses for our Center are paid by the love offerings of individual people who want to make a difference in the lives of others.
But more than giving time or money, we volunteers want to show others that a decision made out of love is the best solution to tough choices.
- FREE Pregnancy Tests are 99.99% accurate and immediate results are shown to the client.
- Help in obtaining medical care or information on adoption. We offer a positive/negative certification of test to help you find a program to continue your pregnancy.
- Materity, baby and children's clothes, plus baby equipment and furniture.
- Need to talk? We LISTEN because we know that some decisions are never easy.
- FREE Post Abortion Counseling. Addressing the different feelings of pain and loss.
List of available documents and internet links:
- Christian Life Resources http://christianliferesources.com
A Few Facts of Life
. That tiny dot, the size of a period, is the size we are when we are first conceived. At this time everything about us is known, whether we will be male or female, the color of our skin, eyes, hair, how tall we will be.
4 weeks after you were conceived, your heart was beating.
6 weeks after you were conceived, brain waves could be detected.
10 weeks after you were conceived, you probably sucked your thumb and could feel pain.
1 number is all it takes to get the information you need to deal with a difficult situation. For help call 313-952-2147.
You can support our non-profit counseling centers with clothing, baby goods, and financial support.
Our Current Needs:
- Baby Furniture - cribs, car seats, high chairs, swings, gates, walkers or anything that could be used for a baby or infant.
- Children's devotional books, NIV hard covered Bibles.
- Gently used baby clothing, blankets, shoes, socks, etc. Sibling clothes up to size 4.
- Diapers, formula, baby foods, lotions, 'wet-ones', towels, etc. (anything that can be used for a baby to size 4).
- Checks for any amount, made out to 'WELS Lutherans for Life of Michigan'
Redford, MI 48239
You must park in the municipal parking lot, east of the center, next to the Credit Union.
Our hours are usually 10 am - 3 pm, Mon - Wed. Please call first on the day you want to come in.